What we offer
At MindWare Psychology we are dedicated to providing a range of quality assessments that meet the individual and organisational needs. Psychological assessment tests are generally carried out to:
- Diagnosis and ruling in or out medical conditions or mental health disorders
- Establish Benchmarks for learning, referral, treatment of psychological strategies
- Assess cognitive abilities such as intelligence, reasoning, attention, memory, academic skills, learning ability or capability issues
- Assess psychological functioning checking for deficits, for instance after traumatic brain injury.
- Identify and describe interpersonal style, personality traits and formulate individual or workplace goals
- Assess Career Aptitude or vocational interests
All assessments are tailored following an individual intake session and include the option of either a brief or full report. We have a number of assessment packages available with the cost identified below:-
- Basic IQ/Neuro Cognitive Assessment
- Dyslexia Assessment
- IQ Assessment
- Functional Assessment (can occur in your own environment)
- Learning and Difficulties Assessment
- Personality Assessments
- Educational Assessments
- Workplace and Individual Values Assessment
- Organisational Motivation Assessment
- Emotional and Wellbeing Assessments
- Abilities and Skills Assessments (to inform funding support and intervention ie. NDIS)
We believe that direct observation is an essential part of evaluation and as such this is build into all our Cognitive assessments. Observation will occur within the school, clinical or home setting depending on the assessment request. We also believe in identifying an appropriate battery of clinical tests tailored to your child’s/adult needs and the specific learning/cognitive question.
What happens in an Assessment?
Structured individual assessment: a tailored in-session assessment which can include cognitive assessments based on the individual needs. Given our commitment to the use of technology to provide quality assessments, these may be undertaken using computers and iPads. Assessments usually occur over one or two sessions, followed by scoring and interpretation from the clinician. A feedback session occurs to provide this information and recommendations along with either a brief or full report. Please talk to the clinician to ensure an assessment will meet your individual needs.
What kind of tests do we use?
We use only assessment tests and tools that are validated, respected and endorsed internationally. Theses tests are based on scientific psychological evaluation and testing. The primary tests that we use include: Aptitude and Intelligence
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale – 4th edition (WAIS-IV)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – 4th edition (WISC-IV)
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence – 3rd edition (WPPSI- III)
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test – 2nd edition (WIAT-II)
- Wechsler Memory Scale – 3rd edition (WMS-III)
- Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT)
- Rey Auditory Verbal Learning Test (RAVLT)
- REY Complex Figure Test and Recognition Trial (RCFT)
- Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test (PPVT-IV)
- Cognitive Assessment System (CAS)
- Values based Leadership Styles
- Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI)
- Goldberg Five Factor Model (FFM/BFI)
Personality and Behaviour
- Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI)
- NEO™ Personality Inventory-3 (NEO™-PI-3)*
- Survey of Work Styles (SWS)
- Values Based Style
- Five Factor Personality Model (FFM/BFI)
- Structured Clinical Interview (SCID-I)
- Adaptive Behaviour Assessment System (ABAS)
Health & Rehabilitation
- Quality of Life Questionnaire (QLQ)
- State-Trait Anger Express Inventory-2 Child and Adolescent (STAXI-2 C/A)
- Survey of Pain Attitudes (SOPA)
- The Stress Profile (SP)
Psychopathology, Clinical and Diagnostic Tools
- Composite International Diagnostic Interview (WMH-CIDI)
- Beck Depression Inventory®–II (BDI®–II)
- Beck Hopelessness Scale® (BHS®)
- Beck Scale for Suicide Ideation® (BSS®)
- Hare Psychopathy Checklist-Revised: (PCL-R) 2nd Edition
- Millon® Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-III (MCMI-III™)
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2-RF® (MMPI-2-RF®)
- Mini-Mental™ State Examination (MMSE™)
- Connors Behavior Rating Scale (CBRS)
- Structured Clinical Interview (SCID-II)
- Child Behaviour Checklist (CBCL), Youth Self Report (YSR), Teacher Report Form (TRF)
How much will it cost?
Cognitive Assessment (WISC or CAS) conducted over a minimum of 3 sessions. $560- $840.
Educational and diagnostic (WISC, WIAT & Behavioural such as Connors, Autism Spectrum Rating Scale) conducted over a minimum 4 sessions. $1,400.
Behavioural screening (Observation and Connors/CBCL) conducted over a minimum of 3 sessions. $560
School based observation and functional assessment. $420
Please contact us for a free, brief phone consultation (15 mins) to discuss your needs.